The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants. Details of the prize can be found here.
On the right is a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to John Collins, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners from these: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- Experimental Philosophy: Can we have free will and lack it too?
- Feminist Philosophers: On How We Talk About Passing
- Justice Everywhere: (One of) Effective Altruism’s blind spot(s)
- Orienteringsforsok: Slow corruption
- Philosophical Percolations: Getting out of the philosophers’ rut
- Step back, step forward: Hypocrisy in general, utilitarianism in particular
- The Forum: Are Delusions Bad for You?
- The Philosopher's Beard: Children are special, but not particularly important
- Vihvelin: Counterfactuals: The Short Course
We'll announce the three winners on December 28, 2015.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best six posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.