Browse the nominees in the list below and then go to the bottom of the post to vote.
Alphabetical list of nominated blog names followed by the blog post title:
(Please report any problems with links in the comments section below.)
For prize details, click here.
- 3 Quarks Daily: Artificially Flavored Intelligence
- 3 Quarks Daily: Fearing Artificial Intelligence
- 3 Quarks Daily: On Optimal Paths & Minimal Action
- 3 Quarks Daily: Randomness: the Ghost in the Machine?
- 3 Quarks Daily: The Monarch Butterflies
- Activist Teacher: Self-Image-Incongruence Theory of Individual Health
- Andrew Silver: Mo'orea Scavenger Hunt
- Bekka S. Brodie: How Blow Flies find Corpses
- Collide-a-Scape: No Love in Boulder for Colorado’s GMO Labeling Proposition
- Companion Animal Psychology: How Does a Dog's Brain Respond to the Smell of a Familiar Human?
- Curious Wavefunction: The fundamental philosophical dilemma of chemistry
- Earth Touch News: What Other Animals Have Taught Us About Human Uniqueness
- Empirical Zeal: How a 19th Century Math Genius Taught Us the Best Way to Hold a Pizza Slice
- European Geosciences Union: The Oldest Eurypterid
- Excursion Set: Destiny's Child
- ImaGeo: New NASA Visualization Shows Carbon Dioxide Emissions Swirling Around the World
- Invariance: 3 myths of physics, especially in textbooks
- IO9: Your Guide to Pluto: Everything We've Learned From New Horizons So Far
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Three Physicists Try Philosophy
- Nautilus: Intemperate Planet: How Natural Systems Magnify the Effects of Global Warming
- Nautilus: The Sound So Loud That It Circled the Earth Four Times
- Neurobabble: Masters of deception: how spiders trick ants
- No Place Like Home: When Hubble Stared at Nothing for 100 Hours
- Nova Next: From Discovery to Dust
- One Universe at a Time: Another Brick in the Wall
- Preposterous Universe: Why Is There Dark Matter?
- Psych Central: Feeling Bipolar Disorder In Your Gut
- PsySociety: Decoding Trump-Mania (scroll down after following link for parts 2 and 3)
- Roots of Unity: The Saddest Thing I Know about the Integers
- Rosin Cerate: Bezoars are gross bits of gunk that get stuck in your guts
- Scicurious: Serotonin and the science of sex
- Science: Ants have group-level personalities, study shows
- Science Friday: Sunshine Recorder
- Science Sushi: Four-Legged Snake Shakes Up Squamate Family Tree – Or Does It?
- Scientist Sees Squirrel: Two creatures named “merianae”
- Skulls in the Stars: Infinite hotels in swirling beams of light
- Social Pulses: The public subsidy of scientific publishing monopolies
- Space Age Archaeology: Shadows on the Moon: an ephemeral archaeology
- Starts With A Bang: CONFIRMED: The Last Great Prediction Of The Big Bang!
- Starts With A Bang: Is the Multiverse Science?
- The Loom: Editing Human Embryos: So This Happened
- Thinking of Things: All I Didn't Know About Cancer
- Thinking of Things: The Pain in the Brain Game
- Tycho's Nose: The Kilogram turns 125
- Tycho's Nose: The largest dinosaur ever found – and subsequently lost again
- Wait But Why: The AI Revolution: The Road to Superintelligence
- Why Evolution Is True: A gynandromorph moth comes to the light – and tells a story about science
- Wired: Glowing Tampons Help Detect Sewage Leaks
- Wired: Tambora 1815: Just How Big Was The Eruption?
- Wired: When a Giant Asteroid Impact Created Its Own Magma
If you are new to 3 Quarks Daily, we welcome you and invite you to look around the site after you vote. Learn more about who we are and what we do here, and do check out the full site here. Bookmark us and come back regularly, or sign up for the RSS feed. If you have a blog or website, and like what you see here, we would very much appreciate being mentioned there or added to your blogroll. Please don't forget!
Voting ends on September 18th at 11:59 pm NYC time.
Results of the voting round (the top twenty most-voted-for posts) will be posted on the main page on September 19th. The finalists will be announced soon after and winners of the contest will be announced on September 28th, 2015.
PLEASE BE AWARE: We have multiple ways of detecting fraud such as multiple votes being cast by the same person. We will disqualify anyone attempting to cheat.
Now click here to vote.
New posts below.