The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty-three semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants. Details of the prize can be found here.
On the right is a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Nick Lane, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners from these: (in alphabetical order by blog or website name here)
- 3 Quarks Daily: On Optimal Paths & Minimal Action
- Curious Wavefunction: The fundamental philosophical dilemma of chemistry
- Nautilus: The Sound So Loud That It Circled the Earth Four Times
- No Place Like Home: When Hubble Stared at Nothing for 100 Hours
- Nova Next: From Discovery to Dust
- Roots of Unity: The Saddest Thing I Know about the Integers
- Scicurious: Serotonin and the science of sex
- Starts With A Bang: CONFIRMED: The Last Great Prediction Of The Big Bang!
- Thinking of Things: The Pain in the Brain Game
We'll announce the three winners on September 28, 2015.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best six posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.