The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
Once again, Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs. And if you like our site, please do add us to your blogroll!
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Stephen M. Walt, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (given in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- 3 Quarks Daily: The Immensity Of Killing Bin Laden vs. The Banality Of Language
- Accidental Blogger: The mideast uprisings: a lesson for strong men, mad men and counterfactual historians
- Andy Worthington: Mocking the Law, Judges Rule that Evidence Is Not Necessary to Hold Insignificant Guantánamo Prisoners for the Rest of Their Lives
- Corey Robin: Revolutionaries of the Right: The Deep Roots of Conservative Radicalism
- Crooked Timber: Sex, hope, and rock and roll
- Jadaliyya: The Marriage of Sexism and Islamophobia; Re-Making the News on Egypt
- Naked Capitalism: On the Invention of Money
- Pandaemonium: Rethinking the Idea of “Christian Europe”
- U.S. Intellectual History: “When the Zulus Produce a Tolstoy We Will Read Him”: Charles Taylor and the Politics of Recognition
We'll announce the three winners on or around December 19, 2011.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.