The voting round of our politics prize (details here) is over. A total of 493 votes were cast for the 44 nominees (click here for full list of nominees). Thanks to the nominators and the voters for participating.
Carla Goller has designed a “trophy” logo that our top twenty vote-getters may choose to display on their own blogs. So here they are, in descending order from the most voted-for:
- Muhammad Cohen, Twenty reasons Barack Obama stinks
- Huffington Post, Haiti's Political and Economic Earthquake “Made in the USA”
- 3 Quarks Daily, The Trappers and the Trapped
- Sexy Beast, Spitzer, Stop Hiding From Your Call Girl Past
- Accidental Blogger, What was malt liquor?
- Farming Pathogens, The Alan Greenspan Strain
- 3 Quarks Daily, Who Will Be A Champion Of The Left We Can Believe In? As Bush-lite, Obama Ain't It
- 3 Quarks Daily, The Revolution Will Not Be PowerPointed
- True/Slant, Some Iran Questions Without Answers
- Ideas in Motion, Covering Mirrors *
- The South Asian Idea Weblog, 9/11: Socrates, Machiavelli, Christ and Gandhi
- Wisdom of the West, Politics
- 3 Quarks Daily, War and the American Republic
- NPR Check, Asymmetric Accomplices to Murder
- PH2.1, Getting to Agreement
- Zunguzungu, Julian Assange and the Computer Conspiracy; “To destroy this invisible government”
- The Philosopher's Beard, Politics: Can't Someone Else Do It?
- The Heart of the Matter, It's Just a Leak
- Naked Capitalism, End This Fed
- Stephen Walt, Why America is going to regret the Cordoba House controversy
- Black Agenda Report, The Unraveling of the Empire of Finance Capital
* This post was inadvertently left out of the list of semifinalists, so I am adding it now. My apologies. It was considered for the finalists but did not make the cut. See comments below.
The editors of 3 Quarks Daily will now pick the top six entries from these, and after possibly adding up to three “wildcard” entries, will send that list of finalists very soon, possibly even later today, to Lewis Lapham. We will also post the list of finalists here then.