Friday, June 19, 2015
3QD Arts & Literature Prize Finalists 2015
The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants. Details of the prize can be found here.
On the right is a "trophy" logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Jonathan Kramnick, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners from these: (in alphabetical order by blog or website name here)
- Avidly: Editing as carework: the gendered labor of public intellectuals
- Granta: Ventimiglia
- Los Angeles Review of Books: Richard Pryor's Comedy of Fear
- Novel Readings: “A life entirely through objects”: Edmund de Waal, The Hare with Amber Eyes
- Public Books: The Essential Gratuitousness of Cesar Aira
- Terrain: The Good, the Bad, and the White Man's Mexico Novel
- The Brooklyn Rail: Palace Art Squat
- The Millions: Dance to the Music of Time
- The Quarterly Conversation: Breathturn into Timestead: The Collected Later Poetry of Paul Celan
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best six posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 04:21 AM | Permalink