September 17, 2012
3QD Philosophy Prize 2012 Finalists
The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Justin E. H. Smith, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- 3 Quarks Daily: What Kind of Perspectivist is Nietzsche?
- Bleeding Heart Libertarians: Recharting the Map of Social and Political Theory: Where is Government? Where is Conservatism?
- Experimental Philosophy: Factive Verbs and Protagonist Projection
- Meditations Hegeliènnes: Kritik des unreinen Gedankes
- Opinionator: The Moral Hazard of Drones
- Ratio Juris: Toward a Philosophically Sound & Bioethically Sensitive Definition of Public Health Law
- The Immanent Frame: Love's Ladder's God
- The Philosopher's Beard: Democracy is not a truth machine
- Tomkow: A Few Short Steps to the Gallows
We'll announce the three winners on or around September 24, 2012.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 12:55 AM | Permalink