Monday, June 18, 2012
3QD Science Prize 2012 Finalists
The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Sean Carroll, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- Boing Boing: What Fukushima can teach us about coal pollution
- Empirical Zeal: The crayola-fication of the world: How we gave colors names, and it messed with our brains
- Quantum Diaries: Helicity, Chirality, Mass, and the Higgs
- Scientific American Guest Blog: Trayvon Martin’s Psychological Killer: Why We See Guns That Aren’t There
- The Mermaid's Tale: Forget bipedalism. What about babyism?
- The Primate Diaries: Freedom to Riot: On the Evolution of Collective Violence
- The Trenches of Discovery: The War of the Immune Worlds
- Three-toed Sloth: In Soviet Union, Optimization Problem Solves You
- viXra log: Higgs Boson Live Blog: Analysis of the CERN announcement
We'll announce the three winners on or around June 25, 2012.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 12:55 AM | Permalink