September 13, 2011
3QD Philosophy Prize 2011 Finalists
The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Patricia Churchland, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- 3 Quarks Daily: Why should we care about Kant?
- Brains: Has Molyneux's Question Been Answered?
- Evolving Thoughts: More on phenomena
- PEA Soup: Scanlon on Blame, Part 3: Criminal Blame and Meaning
- PEA Soup: Williams, Thick Concepts, and Reasons
- Philotropes: Singer's problem for heroes
- Sprachlogik: Sketch of a Way of Thinking about Modality
- The Kindly Ones: Demarcation's revisited demise
- Tomkow: Self Defense
We'll announce the three winners on or around September 19, 2011.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 12:05 AM | Permalink