Saturday, March 12, 2011
3QD Arts & Literature Prize 2011 Semifinalists
The voting round of our Arts & Literature prize (details here) is over. A total of 1,516 votes were cast for the 70 nominees (click here for full list of nominees). Thanks to the nominators and the voters for participating.
Carla Goller has designed a "trophy" logo that our top twenty vote-getters may choose to display on their own blogs. So here they are, in descending order from the most voted-for:
- Tolstoy Is My Cat: Flash Fiction: Snow
- The Millions: Reading and Race: On Slavery in Fiction
- The Millions: Brideshead Revisited
- Jadaliyya: The Poetry of Revolt
- Accidental Blogger: The Leopard _ Giuseppe Tomasi Di Lampedusa
- Plum: Hair Myth
- The Millions: Her Story Next to His: Beloved and The Odyssey
- The Millions: Beyond Harry, Oz, and Narnia: Lev Grossman’s The Magicians
- The Millions: On Bad Reviews
- 3 Quarks Daily: New York’s Empire State of Mind: The Colonization of ‘Up’ Part I
- The Millions: Chasing the Whale: Banksy, Obsession, and the Sea
- Fernham: Pearls and Power
- Stuck In A Book: Is there no balm in...
- Millicent and Carla Fran: On The Face That Launched a Thousand Clicks, Or What The Social Network Isn’t About
- Millicent and Carla Fran: Why Don't Women Submit?
- 3 Quarks Daily: Joothan: A Dalit's Life
- Chapati Mystery: The Stay-at-Home Man
- M. A. Peel: Oh Frabjous Day: Woolverton's FanFic Love for Alice
- Writing Without Paper: Consider the Pomegranate
- The Millions: The Sorry State of the Rejection Letter
The editors of 3 Quarks Daily will now pick the top six entries from these, and after possibly adding up to three "wildcard" entries, will send that list of finalists very soon to Laila Lalami. We will also post the list of finalists here then.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 12:00 AM | Permalink