Thursday, September 09, 2010
3QD Philosophy Prize 2010 Semifinalists
The voting round of our philosophy prize (details here) is over. A total of 497 votes were cast for the 36 nominees (click here for full list of nominees). Thanks to the nominators and the voters for participating.
Carla Goller has designed a "trophy" logo that our top twenty vote-getters may choose to display on their own sites. So here they are, in descending order from the most voted-for:
- Playtonic Dialogues: Musicians Debate Methods Of Political Dissent
- Guardian Science Blog: Is quantum mechanics messing with your memory?
- Experimental Philosophy: Further Experimental Work on the Bank Cases
- P.A.P.-Blog: Why and How Do We Separate State and Church? And What Are the Consequences for Religious Liberty?
- Minds and Brains: The Myth of Sensory Immediacy – Why Berkeley Was Wrong
- Philotropes: Do folks think that consciousness matters for moral responsibility?
- Underverse: We Just Live In It
- Experimental Philosophy: Is the Armchair Sexist?
- Brian Leiter's Nietzsche Blog: Katsafanas on "Nietzsche's Philosophical Psychology"
- PEA Soup: Am I a Consequentialist?
- Specter of Reason: Ryle On Rules And Creativity
- Justin Eric Halldor Smith: More on Non-Western Philosophy (the Very Idea)
- The View from Hell: The Patriarchy, the Gynocracy, and Other Comforting Myths of Struggle
- 3 Quarks Daily: Raising Neanderthals: Metaphysics at the Limits of Science
- TTahko: Counterfactuals and Modal Epistemology
- Vis Viva: On Handwaving
- Flickers of Freedom: Can There be Partial (as opposed to impartial) Desert?
- Tomkow: The Retributive Theory of Property
- Flickers of Freedom: Does Consciousness Matter?
- The Philosophy of Poetry: The Leap
The editors of 3 Quarks Daily will now pick the top six entries from these, and after possibly adding up to three "wildcard" entries, will send that list of finalists to Akeel Bilgrami on September 11. We will also post the list of finalists here on that date.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 04:42 AM | Permalink