June 11, 2009
The Seven Finalists for the 3QD Science Prize 2009
The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, plus we have added a seventh "wildcard" entry which we thought was a deserving nominee that didn't make it past the voting round. Thanks again to all the participants. There was a lot of interesting stuff, and we discovered many interesting and great blogs through this contest. I hope our readers did too.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Professor Steven Pinker, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name)
- Bad Astronomy: Ten Things You Don't Know About Hubble
- Daylight Atheism: Bands of Iron
- Mauka to Makai: The Ocean's Big pHat Problem
- Observations of a Nerd: The End of the Age of Man?
- Southern Fried Science: The ecological disaster that is dolphin safe tuna
- Tetrapod Zoology: Passerine birds fight dirty, a la Velociraptor
- The Primate Diaries: Male Chauvinist Chimps or the Meat Market of Public Opinion?
We'll announce the three winners on June 21, 2009.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best science posts out of the semifinalists, and added one other that we liked very much.
Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 12:00 AM | Permalink